Our VisionThe St Matthias Vision is to proclaim the Lord Jesus Christ to every Man, Woman and Child in Sydney’s east. This vision is more fully explained through our core purpose, values and guiding strategies below.
Our Core Purpose
- To Glorify God
- Grace alone
- Christ alone
- Faith alone
- Scripture alone
- The Love of God
- The Love of Others
Our Guiding Strategies
- Cultivate a dependence on God’s sovereignty & grace, by always praying and consistently acting in reliance on His promises and power
- Start new ministries and fellowships
- Equip every person in out church family in love and knowledge of God, godliness and ministry skills
- Promote a culture of evangelism that is prayerful, relational, intentional, targeted & creative
- Build loving communities characterised by close relationships of truth and care
- Marshal & expand our financial, infrastructure and other resources in support of the vision
- Develop a public profile that is consistent with our core values and connects with our community
- Develop partnerships with individuals, churches & organisations that allow the Gospel to be proclaimed locally and globally
St Matthias is affiliated with the Sydney Anglican diocese and is committed to the Diocesan Mission.The Diocesan Mission Prayer directs us to dependence on God as we seek to proclaim Christ.
Our gracious God, we pray that you will help us to proclaim our Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, so that everyone around us will hear his call to repent, trust and serve Christ in love, and be established in the fellowship of his disciples while we await his return. May we continue to pray, to depend on your Holy Spirit and to glorify you. Amen.